The advertising industry is always changing, and as a result, we are constantly adapting our campaigns to compete with market trends.
Here are some current facts about advertising and media expenses:
- Marketers spend 540 billion dollars globally on advertising this year.
- 28% of marketers have reduced their ad budget to therefore fund more digital marketing.
- Digital marketers spend almost as much to keep buyers (45 percent) rather than gain new ones (55 percent).
- 2 of 3 marketers have moved 30% of their budgets from traditional to digital media in the past 3 years.
- Digital marketing, video games, and broadband will continue to be the fastest-growing segments over the next five years.
- 69% of senior marketers are currently allocating their digital marketing funds to website content, development and performance optimization, while 53% are spending part of their budget on social media community growth and engagement.
- 14% of their marketing budgets will be devoted to in-person trade shows, conferences and events in 2015, while 10% will be dedicated to digital advertising.
SOURCE: “Marketing Spend.” Facts & Statistics. CMO Council, n.d. Web. 22 Mar. 2016.